10 Ways to Detoxify Your Body
- Category: Articles
- Created on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 19:31
- Written by SEMC Admin
Detox for Your Health
Do not let the term fool you; even though many supplement manufacturers have made it a habit to market their products as “detoxifiers,” many safer, natural alternatives exist. Believe it or not, there is no better way to rid your body of harmful toxins and replenish it with vital nutrients than to detox. Environmental clinics fully understand the importance of a routine detox regimen.
Your body is more powerful and adept than you may think. When presented with a brief detoxifying diet, it will be quick to adapt and facilitate the process of toxin eradication. It wants to get healthy. After all, isn’t the natural instinct of any living thing to stay alive? If you are new to the detox game, here are some helpful tips for making the most of the experience.
How to Detox
- Get plenty of Vitamin C. Guavas, peppers, leafy greens and oranges are all excellent sources of vitamin C.
- Drink lots of water. Eight glasses a day is a must for flushing your system.
- Try Oxygen therapy for greater circulation. Make it a habit to inhale deeply and slowly through your nose.
- Think positively and don’t stress; our mental states can have profound effects on our physical health.
- Eat lots of fiber. This nutrient is essential for smooth digestion. Add brown rice, beets, broccoli and seaweed into your diet.
- Take a dip in a sauna or hot tub. Sweating is the body’s natural way of getting rid of toxins.
- Exercise regularly. Nothing is better for the body in all respects than routine, intense exercise. Weightlifting and cardio should be a part of any detox plan.
As a leading integrative medicine provider and environmental clinic, we can help you feel your best. Contact us for more information about how to properly detoxify your body.